It’s no secret that social media may assist freelancers in networking and locating writing opportunities. You may now establish your social media profiles and attract clients and readers without having to go to stuffy networking events or cold-call folks. But, of course this takes time. That’s why we have compiled a list of 7 social media tools to increase productivity.
Because the majority of you are solopreneurs or run small businesses, we’ll be focusing on platforms that cater to your needs rather than large, corporate platforms.
MeetEdgar to Organize into Categories
MeetEdgar is a unique approach to social media scheduling. It stores and organizes your posts into categories, so you don’t have to worry about figuring out when to post. Once you’ve created a plan, it will automatically schedule your posts based on the categories you choose, ensuring that your feed remains filled and engaging.
- It assists you in auto-filling your content schedule
- Suggests ideas for other posts increasing productivity
- To keep your feed up to date with your content creation, you can sync it with your blog, YouTube channel, or podcast
- There is no free plan at the moment, but there is a 7-day trial available the majority of the time
- Small plan starts at $19 per month with three social channels
Hootsuite for All Social Media Platforms
Hootsuite is my favorite social media tool and it’s one I use personally with my team. Hootsuite is one of the most popular and well-known scheduling apps available. They have a lot of advanced, professional plans, but they also have a free plan. Personally, I pay for the year and manage all of my various companies with it.
Paid services provide you access to a “one inbox,” which allows you to manage all of your incoming messages from all of your social media networks in one spot. This ensures that you can stay on top of your communications without having to jump between many social media platforms, saving you time.
- Platforms available for publishing: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and WordPress
- Some of the most advanced analytics available in a scheduling platform
- Free plan which offers 2 social accounts with 5 scheduled messages each
- From there, paid plans start at $49 per month which gives you access to 10 social accounts and unlimited scheduled posts
Tailwind for Pinterest and Instagram
Tailwind is exclusively for Pinterest and Instagram, but if you only want to use those two platforms, it could be a good fit. One of the greatest benefits is that it will automatically design your image to look like it was done by a graphic designer. To make a branded post, you can include text, graphics, extra images, or anything else. Tailwind creates the image for you, so you don’t need to be a graphic designer to make it stand out.
- Designed specifically for Instagram and Pinterest
- Once you upload a photo, it automatically gives you hundreds of ways to make it appear the way you like
- Automatically assigns the right size to the image
- One calendar for all of your social profiles
- Automatically finds hashtags
- Recommends networks for you to connect with
- Paid plans start at $9.99 per month
- Small plan allows one Pinterest account and one Instagram account with 200 post designs per month
HelloWoofy is a relatively new social network management tool, at least in comparison to some of the others, but it packs a punch with capabilities that the others don’t. It can link to newer networks like TikTok, and it has advanced integrations that other social media management tools don’t have.
- Connects to: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google business, Medium, TikTok, Twitter, WordPress, and more
- Connects with advanced features like Alexa
- Paid plans starting at $49 per year which gives you access to 25 accounts and allows you to add in a team of 9 members
Crowdfire is an excellent choice for freelancers that only need to manage a few profiles. You can start with the free plan and upgrade later if you need to publish to more profiles. Crowdfire allows you to receive content recommendations based on the topics and sectors you post about.
If you work as a freelance content creator, you may use Crowdfire to link your sites so that your content is automatically posted and shared throughout your social platforms. You won’t have to go in and create posts manually every time.
- Upgraded accounts give you 90 days of advanced analytics
- Obtain ideas for content based on the categories you choose
- Ability to post content from your own blogs and sites
- Tailored posts for each platform
- Offers a free plan with three linked accounts
- Can manage Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram from free plan
- Paid plans start at $7.48 per month with five linked accounts
- Upgraded account allows you to also manage Pinterest
Choosing the Best Social Media Management Tool
While we’ve covered some of the more popular options, there are still a variety of social media schedulers to choose from. If you’re a freelancer, the most crucial decision you’ll make is which platforms to focus on and what features you require from a platform.